Mithra’s Organic Samai | Little Millet | சாமை :
Samai or Little millet is the smallest grain among the millets family. In contrast to its size, it has numerous health benefits. Organic millets are the perfect food to be included in the diet for people who are very health conscious. For a healthy living buy organic millets online Chennai at Mithra’s Organic.
Samai is a traditional crop that grows all over India. It is much related to panaivaragu but its seeds are much smaller as compared to proso millet. It is the smallest grain hence it takes lesser cooking time than other millets. People mostly consume them like rice.
Samai Porridge, dosa, little millets upma, and payasam are a few traditional recipes people prepare using this cereal. People of all age groups can consume this milet food.
- Samai is rich in fiber content which amounts to twice that of other cereals which improve digestive health and make us feel full.
- Saamai contains magnesium which helps to improve heart health.
- Like other millets, is also a low glycemic index food which helps maintain stable blood sugar levels. To conclude, it is a gluten-free food grain.
- Samai is a rich source of protein that helps boost the immune system and strengthens our body.
- Like other millets, it also benefits for weight loss.
- This cereal grain is a rich source of iron and essential amino acids.
Little milet is known as kutki in hindi, sava in Marathi, gajro in Gujarati and samai / சாமை in Tamil.
There exist several types of millets namely pearl millet, finger millet, Thinai, kodo millet, varagu, foxtail millet, cholam ,etc., Buy all organic millets online Chennai at best prices at Mithra’s organic. Apart from this we also serve other organic products like flours, oils, rice and wheat, spices, etc.,